Youth Ministry works with pastors, parish staff members, directors/coordinators of youth ministry, young adult ministry & faith formation and college campus ministers in order to minister to and with the youth and families of the Diocese of Orlando.
Leadership Formation & Training
- Training and formation for parish staff, youth & young adult ministry leaders, and parish ministry team members. Includes Spiritual, Human, Intellectual and Pastoral formation.
- New Directors/Coordinators Program
- Certification of youth ministry leaders
- Catholic Leadership Alive – for youth leaders
- Providing and identifying resources needed for parishes to implement effective youth and young adult ministry
- Support for Sacramental preparation for Confirmation, including guidance regarding Confirmation retreats
- Oversight of faith formation for youth in middle and high school in the context of comprehensive youth ministry.
- Providing on-site assistance for parishes by helping parish teams to plan for and implement various aspects of youth and young adult ministry in the context of lifelong faith formation.
- Sharing the Vision training resources for youth ministry provided by experienced facilitators in parishes and deaneries
- Building a network of support for youth & young adult ministry at a variety of levels. Through relationships between ministers, with other dioceses, and with organizations that serve and minister to youth.
- Connection to the national ministry organizations in each area
- Gatherings for formational leaders in each area of ministry
- Communicating a vision of youth & young adult ministry and advocating for these ministries within parishes and throughout the diocese.
- Newsletter for ministers serving in these areas
Direct Ministry with Youth and Young Adult's
- National Catholic Youth Conference
Youth & Young Adult Ministry Policies and Procedures
Policies and procedures exist to support the goal at the heart of all ministry—vibrant life in Christ. Those who are called to ministry or ordained for service in the church make a committed effort to follow in Christ's footsteps through a life of discipleship. It is our hope that the publication and integration of these practices, policies and procedures into the Youth and Young Adult ministries of the Diocese of Orlando will allow us to serve more effectively as a community of faith, empowering us to be more truly Alive in Christ. It is our expectation that each person who reads these policies and procedures will accept personal responsibility for adherence to them. It is our belief that God's goodness and grace supports this work and those called to service in the vineyard of our Lord. Click here to download.
The Diocese of Orlando is committed to implementing the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops' vision as stated in the document Renewing the Vision: A Framework for Catholic Youth Ministry and does so within the context of Co-Workers in the Vineyard of the Lord. Together, the focus of these two documents makes clear the need for intentional formation and certification of youth ministry leaders. The need for leadership formation is also explicitly addressed within the Revised Code of Canon Law. It states that lay persons who devote themselves permanently or temporarily to some special service in the church "are obligated to acquire appropriate formation which is required to fulfill their function properly and to carry it out conscientiously, zealously and diligently." (Canon #231)
"Branches of the Vine" is the document with the guidelines for those in youth ministry to be certified – both ministry team members and youth ministry leaders. This document is in pdf format. Download by clicking here.